Friday, June 20, 2014

Lyon Day 7


For the last day of our class trip, we met at 8:45am in the lobby to take a 10 minute walk to the Chamber of Commerce. It was a semi-interesting presentation by an American ex-pat who has lived in France for 10 years. Although I'm not exactly sure what his job was, he spoke of several industries in which France excelled in compared to the rest of the EU (agriculture, luxury goods, and energy). One statistic that stood out to me was the fact that France was rated #1 in life style. I can see how that makes sense as they seem to enjoy the finer things in life as a collective whole while Americans, on the other hand, are always striving for bigger and better. It's almost as if you have to train us to stop and smell the roses.

I've travelled all over the world and have been to many places, but this trip by far has been one of the best experiences I have ever had. It's interesting how I've been with a group of people for the past year, but it wasn't until now that I feel like they are my friends. Something about this trip solidified many bonds and truly made us a network. Then again, we drank wine literally every day and you know how they say that alcohol brings people closer together.

After our last event we were free to enjoy the rest of the day off. It was such a beautiful day to stroll around and relax. The best part of the day was drinking wine and champagne/Orangina.

I thought it was a great idea to blog about our time spent here. Even if we didn't write every day, it's good to keep the good (and bad) moments present in our minds so we can at least be aware and appreciate all the sights, tastes, smells, and people around us. I hope years from now I can re-live this trip and feel as happy as I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment